Dowdeswell is a civil parish in the ward of Chedworth, Cotswold, in the ceremonial county of Gloucestershire, England. It is separated into Upper and Lower Dowdeswell, the former being south of the latter.
Northwest of Lower Dowdeswell, there is the Dowdeswell Wood. Immediately south of this wood is the Dowdeswell Reservoir. Both Dowdeswell Reservoir and Dowdeswell Wood have been managed historically as nature reserves through the Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust (formerly named Gloucestershire Trust for Nature Conservation
About 7.1 km (4.4 mi) to the northwest is Cheltenham, and 19 km (12 mi) to the west is Gloucester. In 2001, it had a population of 185.
In 1891, Dowdeswell was the name given to a station in the nearby village of Andoversford on the Midland and South Western Junction Railway; the name was to avoid confusion with Andoversford station on the Great Western Railway's Cheltenham to Banbury line. The name of Dowdeswell station was changed to Andoversford and Dowdeswell in 1892. The station closed to passengers in 1927 after the GWR had taken over the M&SWJR; however, it remained open for goods traffic until 1962.