Schofield Barracks is a United States Army post and census-designated place (CDP) located in the City and County of Honolulu and in the Wahiawa District of the island of Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi, United States. Schofield Barracks lies adjacent to the town of Wahiawā, separated from most of it by Lake Wilson (also known as Wahiawā Reservoir). Schofield Barracks is named after Lieutenant General, John McAllister Schofield, Commanding General United States Army August 1888 to September 1895. He was sent to Hawaiʻi in 1872 while, a Major General and recommended the establishment of a naval base at Pearl Harbor.
Schofield Barracks has an area of some 17,725 acres (72 km) on Central Oʻahu. The post was established in 1908 to provide mobile defense of Pearl Harbor and the entire island. It has been the home of the 25th Infantry Division, known as the Tropic Lightning Division, since 1941 as well as the Command Headquarters for United States Army Hawaii (USARHAW). Schofield Barracks is also home to the 8th Theater Sustainment Command. The population was 14,428 at the 2000 census.