Grosmont (pronounced "grow-mont") is a small village and civil parish situated in the Scarborough district of North Yorkshire, England and is within the North York Moors National Park. The village is named after the Grandmontines Priory (1204-1536) that used to be there. Reaching or leaving Grosmont by car involves an exceptionally steep hill on the road which goes up to the A169.
According to the 2001 UK census, Grosmont parish had a population of 335.
The village had an industrial background, and former lime kilns and iron working remains are still visible. The village houses the Station Tavern, the Co-operative shop, an extensive art and craft shop and a railway souvenirs shop.
The road through the village has a level crossing in the heart of the village at Grosmont railway station. An old brickworks lies just north of the railway station, and many old bricks were excavated in 2007 during work on the railway. The station forms an intersection between National Rail's Esk Valley Line and the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, a volunteer-run steam heritage railway. The NYMR links Pickering in the south with Grosmont in the north - and since 2007 with Whitby on the coast (on some timetable days).
Grosmont is also home to the NYMR's engine shed, and the North Eastern Locomotive Preservation Group's workshop, where the staff and volunteers maintain and restore the steam and diesel locomotives. This is located on the far side of the railway tunnel to the Station, and can be reached by walking through the pedestrian tunnel.