Padua Cathedral (Italian: Duomo di Padova) is a church in Padua, northern Italy. The cathedral is the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Padua, and is dedicated to to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
It is the third edifice built on the same site. The first one was erected after the Edict of Milan in 313 and destroyed by an earthquake on January 3, 1117. It was rebuilt in Romanesque style: the appearance of the medieval church can be seen in the frescoes by Giusto de' Menabuoi in the annexed Baptistry. The existing cathedral was designed by Michelangelo; although construction work began on the new Renaissance edifice in 1551, it was only completed in 1754, leaving the façade unfinished.