The Bytown Museum is a small museum in Ottawa located on the lower locks of the Rideau Canal at the Ottawa River just below Parliament Hill.
The museum's exhibits follow the early history of the city, originally known as Bytown, and the construction of the Rideau Canal. The museum is housed in a stone building designed by Thomas McKay and built in 1827.
It was investigated by the Girly Ghosthunters for any paranormal activity within its walls. It was shown as the fourth episode, of thirteen, of the named show in 2005.