The Royal Chapel of St. Anthony of La Florida or Real Ermita de San Antonio de la Florida is a Neoclassic chapel in central Madrid, that is best known for its ceiling and dome frescoes by, as well as being the burial place of, the painter Goya.
The chapel was built in the general location of two prior chapels built in the 1730s, which were on the lands of the farm of La Florida. The present structure was built by Felipe Fontana from 1792-1798 on orders of King Carlos IV, who also commissioned the frescoes by Goya and his assistant. These were completed over a six month period in 1798. The frescoes portray miracles by Saint Anthony of Padua, including one which occurred in Lisbon, but which the painter has relocated to Madrid. On every June 13th, the chapel becomes the site of a lively pilgrimage in which young unwed women come to pray to St. Anthony and to ask for a partner.
The structure was turned into a national monument in 1905. In 1919 Goya's remains were transferred here from Bordeaux. To preserve the chapel, in 1928 a similar chapel was built alongside.