The Église Saint-Augustin de Paris (Church of St. Augustine) is a church in the VIIIe arrondissement of Paris, France. Here Charles de Foucauld was converted by its priest, Father Huvelin. During the Second Empire, this area was undergoing considerable building work and demographic movement. The Prefect of Paris, Baron Haussmann was responsible for much of the design of the layout of Paris's rectilinear avenues, which called for prestigious edifices.
Saint-Augustin was built between 1860-1871 by Victor Baltard (architect of Les Halles) in an eclectic and vaguely Byzantine style. It is almost 100 meters in length, with a dome height of 80 meters, and was one of the first sizable buildings in Paris constructed about a metal frame.
Saint-Augustin's facade features the four evangelists above arcades, and above them the twelve apostles and rosette window. Its stained glass windows depict bishops and martyrs of the 1st centuries, and cast-iron columns within feature polychrome angels. The church's organ was built by Charles Spackman Barker. One of the earliest organs to employ electricity, it features 54 stops, with 3 keyboards and pedals.
A statue of Joan of Arc, by Paul Dubois, was erected before the church in 1896.