The Protestant Church of Peace (German: Friedenskirche) is situated in the Marly Gardens on the Green Fence in the palace grounds of Sanssouci Park in Potsdam, Germany. The church was built according to the wishes and with the close involvement of the artistically gifted King Frederick William IV, and designed by the court architect Ludwig Persius. After Persius' death in 1845 the architect Friedrich August Stüler was tasked with continuing his work. The building work was also led by Ferdinand von Arnim and Ludwig Ferdinand Hesse. After the cornerstone was laid on 14 April 1845 the dedication of the sacred building took place on 24 September 1848. The building work lasted until 1854. The structure resembles a High Italian monastery.