Egertorget, formerly known as Egertorvet, is a square in Oslo at the intersection of Karl Johans gate and Øvre Slottsgate. It is not really a torg, but a "remainder area" which arose around 1840, when Slotsveien(Karl Johans Gate) became connected with the old Østre Gade(Eastern Road) alongside Stabellkroken. Stabellgården and Egergården were torn down in order to tie the streets together. The square is named for brewers and brothers Herman (1816-1883) and Thorvald (1827-1901) Eger, who owned the displaced Egergården. It has one of the entrances to Stortinget Station of the Oslo Metro. In summer, Egertorget is home to many street musicians and jugglers. Many outdoor cafes wreathe the square, with Presseklubben and 3 brødre the most well-known.