Wat Pathum Wanaram (Thai: วัดปทุมวนาราม) is a Buddhist temple in Bangkok, Thailand. It is located in the district Pathum Wan, between the two shopping malls Siam Paragon and CentralWorld, and across the street of Siam Square.
The temple was founded in 1857 by King Mongkut (Rama IV) as a place of worship near his Sa Pathum Palace. At the time of its founding the area was still only rice fields, only accessible via the Khlong Saen Saeb. The temple is a third class royal temple of the Thammayut Nikaya order. The full name of the temple is Wat Pathum Wanaram Ratcha Wora Viharn (วัดปทุมวนารามราชวรวิหาร).
At the temple is the Phra Meru Mas, a reconstruction of the crematorium late Princess Mother of Thailand. Following her cremation at Sanam Luang in March 1996, her remains were transferred to these grounds in an elaborate procession. The crematorium is a rare example of ancient craftsmanship featuring ornate stencils and lacquered sculptures.
It represents Mount Meru, the heavenly abode of the gods.