Sant'Ignazio di Loyola a Campo Marzio

Architecture & Buildings

Europe, Italy, Rome

The Church of Saint Ignatius of Loyola at Campus Martius (Italian: Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola a Campo Marzio, Latin: S. Ignatii de Loyola in Campo Martio) is Roman Catholic titular church dedicated to Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuit order, located in Rome, Italy. Built in Baroque style between 1626 and 1650, the church functioned originally as Rectory church to the adjacent Collegio Romano, that moved in 1584 to a new larger building and became the Pontifical Gregorian University. The Cardinal Priest of the Titulus S. Ignatii de Loyola in Campo Martio is Roberto Tucci.