Kreuzkirche

Architecture & Buildings

Europe, Germany, Dresden

The Kreuzkirche (Church of the Cross) in Dresden is the largest church in Saxony, and home to the Dresdner Kreuzchor boy choir. Known since the early 12th century, it was officially dedicated on 10 June 1388 to the Holy Cross. Since 1491, it has burned down five times. In its current form, it was re-opened in 1955.