Tufnell Park tube station is a London Underground station in Islington close to its boundary with Camden (see Tufnell Park). It is on the High Barnet branch of the Northern Line, between Archway and Kentish Town, and in Travelcard Zone 2. It has distinctive Edwardian red tiling and has two lifts between the street and platform level rather than escalators. Upon exiting the lifts, passengers are required to use stairs to reach the trains. The southbound platform lies at a lower level than the northbound.
The station was opened on 22 June 1907 by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway. Although close to Junction Road railway station on the Tottenham & Hampstead Junction Railway, there was never a physical connection between the two stations.
The station was modernised in 2004 by Tube Lines, major items of works were the communication systems, a complete retiling and new ceilings throughout.