The Musée Gadagne is a museum located in the center of the Vieux Lyon, in the Saint-Jean quarter, in the 5th arrondissement of Lyon. It is composed of the Musée d'histoire de Lyon (Museum of Lyon History) and the Musée des marionnettes du monde (Museum of world puppets). The building was classified as monument historique in 1920. It was successively acquired by the city of Lyon between 1902 and 1941. After the finding of its obsolescence, the museum closed in 1998 for more than ten years of renovation and expansion. It was re-opened on 12 June 2009.