Located on Algonquin Island in the Toronto Islands, Queen City Yacht Club (QCYC) has been a part of Toronto, Canada's sailing community since it was founded in 1889. Toronto at the time was known as the "Queen City of the Lake" and the original clubhouse was located on the city side of Toronto Harbour, at the foot of York Street. In 1920, dredging in the harbour caused the collapse of that clubhouse and hastened the club's planned move to Sunfish Island (now Algonquin Island).
Queen City attracts boaters from around Lake Ontario with events such as the club's annual pig roast. With racing traditions dating all the way back to 1889, members regularly and successfully compete in events such as the Lake Ontario 300, Lake Ontario Short-Handed Series, Women's Keelboat Series, and inter-club regattas.