The Royal Irish Academy of Music (RIAM) is a linked college of Dublin City University located in Dublin, Ireland.
It was founded in 1848 by a group of music enthusiasts and moved to its present address in Westland Row in 1871. The following year it was granted the right to use the title "Royal". In addition to academic degrees, the RIAM offers a variety of courses and examinations in the fields of music, public speaking and drama, including associate and licentiate diplomas. Grade examinations and practical and teaching diplomas can be taken by internal and external students.
The Cathal Gannon Early Music Room was opened in May 2003; it contains a harpsichord and clavichord made by Cathal Gannon, a Broadwood grand piano restored by him, a square piano and information about Mr Gannon.
In September 2010 John O'Conor stepped down as director.
In September 2010 Deborah Kelleher was appointed Director of the RIAM