Vä is a former town in Scania, now a village in the municipality of Kristianstad, ca 5 km south west of the town of Kristianstad. The name stems from the old danish word wæ, meaning cult place or holy ground.
Around 1170, the Danish Archbishop Eskil founded a Premonstratensian convent on the site. In 1213, the convent was burnt down and the monks moved to the convent in Bäckaskog. The church was rebuilt, and is standing today still. Another convent was built in the late 14th century, serving as a monasterical society.
Ther first written mentioning of Vä as a town is from the 1250s, but alread in the early 13th century, the place is mentioned in the Danish Census Book, by king Valdemar. The town was burnt many times. Most notable are the burnings by Karl Knutsson in 1452, Svante Sture in 1509, in 1569 by the Swedish duke Charles (later king Charlex IX and then the last time by the Swedish King Gustaf II Adolf in 1612. As Kristianstad was built in 1614 on the island of Allö, Vä lost its privilegies as a town and became a substitute for the farmers from nearby villages of Näsby and Nosaby, who had in their turn had to give up land to build Kristianstad, along with the former town of Åhus.
Today, there are some remains of the former church buildings; in addition to the church, there is also an old wall with pillars and a brick cairn that was the old church of Saint Gertrude and remains of old streets.