The Sanderson Hotel was constructed on Berners Street, London during 1958 as the new headquarters and showroom for Arthur Sanderson and Sons, manufacturers of wallpaper, fabrics and paint for the occasion of its centennial birthday. It was designed by architect Jeff Holroyd, of the architectural firm of Slater and Uren. The original design plan allowed for dynamic room configurations. The building plan was fabricated around an open-to-the-sky inner courtyard with a Japanese garden designed by Philip Hicks. In 1991, the Sanderson building was listed Grade II* by the government’s English Heritage Commission. It was reopened on April 25, 2000 by Morgans Hotel Group after a refurbishment by Philippe Starck and Denton Corker Marshall.