Bellegarde station is a train station served by TGV, TER Rhône-Alpes and Rhône Express Regional located in Bellegarde-sur-Valserine, in the département of Ain, France. It hosts about 75,000 travelers per year.
The first station building opened in 1858 to allow a stop on the line between Seyssel and Geneva. The wooden building was destroyed by fire and requiring the construction of a new building in 1907. Over the years, other lines reached to the station, causing passenger numbers to grow. The first TGV service was in 1981 between Paris Gare de Lyon and Geneva. From a simple railway station, the site underwent a major restructuring in 2010 to become an interchange. This was triggered by the decision to renovate the Ligne du Haut-Bugey.