The South African Embassy in Washington, D.C. is the embassy of South Africa in Washington D.C. It is located at 3051 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W. on Embassy Row.
South Africa sent its first delegation to the United States in 1929. In 1949 it was raised to a formal embassy. The embassy buildings were built in 1936. Previously the delegation had been housed in a series of leased properties. The original portion now serves as the ambassadorial residence and a new chancery wing was built next door in 1964. Both structures are in the Cape Dutch style, but with Indiana limestone in stead of the traditional whitewashed plaster. The complex is no longer large enough to house the entire ambassadorial delegation service and several offices are located in an annex on Connecticut Avenue.