Dan (Hebrew: דָּן) is a kibbutz in the northern part of the Hula Valley, at the foot of Mt. Hermon, in northern Israel. It was founded in 1939, by settlers from Transylvania and is a part of the Hashomer Hatzair movement. The population in 1947 was 340.
Dan was the second of the villages established in honour of Menachem Ussishkin. Water is from the Dan River. Orignally in Dan and its neighbor, Dafna cooperated in a joint venture of breeding trout.
According to a 1949 book by the Jewish National Fund, the village suffered heavy losses in both men and material, "bearing the brunt" of the Syrian invasion during 1948 Arab-Israeli war, but leading an underground existence they held out "heroically".
The kibbutz is named after the Israelite town of "Dan" mentioned in 1 Kings 12:29, 1 Samuel 3:20 and Genesis 14:14, and which has been identified with nearby Tel Dan. It is also located in the territory of the Israelite tribe of Dan (Joshua 19:47).
The kibbutz is the starting point of the Israel National Trail.