Saint-Placide

Travel

Europe, France, Paris

Saint-Placide is a station on line 4 of the Paris Métro in the 6th arrondissement. The station was opened on 9 January 1910 as part of the connecting section of the line under the Seine between Châtelet and Raspail. The station, in the Montparnasse area, is after the Rue Saint-Placide, commemorating Saint Placid. It was opened on 9 January 1910 under the name of Vaugirard, but its name was changed on 15 November 1913 to avoid confusion with the Nord-Sud Company's Vaugirard, now on Line 12.