Jussieu is a station on lines 7 and 10 of the Paris Métro in the eastern part of the Latin Quarter in the 5th arrondissement.
The station was opened on 26 April 1931 with the extension of line 7 from Pont de Sully to Place Monge and its incorporation of part of Line 10 from Place Monge to Porte de Choisy. At the same time the remaining section of line 10 was extended from the new station of Cardinal Lemoine to Jussieu. The station is under and named after the Place Jussieu, which was named after the De Jussieu family of famous botanists and historians of the natural world, several of whom have been associated with the nearby Jardin des Plantes.
The station used to be called "Jussieu-Halles-aux-vins" after the wine market created there by Napoleon Bonaparte. This name has been shortened because, after 1957, the market was replaced by the Jussieu Campus of the University of Paris.