Philippe Auguste is a station on Paris Métro Line 2, on the border of the 11th and 20th arrondissements.
The station was opened on 31 January 1903 as part of the extension of line 2 (known at the time as "2 Nord") from Anvers to Bagnolet (now called Alexandre Dumas). The station is named after the Avenue Philippe Auguste, named after King Philip II of France, making it the only station in Paris named for French royalty. It was the location of the Barrière des Rats, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished during in 1840.
The famous Père Lachaise Cemetery is nearby.