Gare de Lyon-Perrache station is a large railway station in the quarter Perrache, in the 2nd arrondissement of Lyon, France. It is situated on the Paris–Marseille railway, and it is the western terminus of the Lyon–Geneva railway and the southeastern terminus of the Moret–Lyon railway. It was built in 1855 by Alexis Cendrier for the CF du PLM. The building was built in classical style and is composed of a double rooftop and a large passenger building.
The station lost its view of the city when the transport interchange and dual-carriageway were built in the 1970s. Although much modern building has somewhat tarnished the look of the area, the station retains much of its original features:
The station front features the names of towns served by trains departing Lyon-Perrache. The platforms are covered by two twin iron rooftops. It is the terminus of the TGV Sud-Est line, the high-speed railway line from Paris. It is also served by conventional trains from other parts of France, and is the terminus of Line A of the Lyon Metro. It is also the terminus of one of the Lyon tram lines.
Today, however, Perrache is no longer the primary rail station serving Lyon. Instead, the Gare de Lyon-Part-Dieu, constructed in the 1970s in a large planned business district outside of the central city, acts as the more popular embarkation point for most high-speed trains, especially to Paris and the north.