Sinnington is a village and civil parish in the Ryedale district of the county of North Yorkshire, England. According to the 2001 UK census, the parish has a total population of 318 people living in 148 households. The nineteenth century agricultural writer, William Marshall, was born here in 1745. The village was formerly served by a railway station on the Gilling and Pickering (G&P) railway line which opened in 1875 and closed on 31 January 1953 for both passengers and freight.
Typical of the area are the medieval cruck-built longhouses of Sinnington. These were constructed as single storey combined dwelling and beast houses and made of the local Jurassic limestone. Originally they had ling thatched roofs, but they were mostly re-roofed in the 19th century with grey slate or red pantiles. All Saints' Church has in its fabric an assemblage of dozens of fragments of pre-Norman crosses and hogback fragments scattered all over the building, inside and out. It appears that several - perhaps the numbers even reach double figures - significant crosses were broken up in order to provide building stone for the twelfth-century workers who built the church.