Velike Malence is a village on the right bank of the river Krka, close to its confluence with the Sava, in the Brežice Municipality in eastern Slovenia. The area was traditionally part of Lower Carniola. It is now included in the Spodnjeposavska statistical region.
The village church is dedicated to Saint Martin and belongs to the Čatež ob Savi parish. It is a Romanesque building, first mentioned in written documents dating to 1102. It was extensively rebuilt in the 19th century.
Archaeological evidence indicates that the area has been occupied since the neolithic. In the Šentvid-Malence area, an archaeological site that has been protected as a cultural monument by the Slovenian Ministry of Culture, traces of a villa rustica have been found with evidence of a neolithic settlement layer below the Roman occupation level. Hallstatt and La Tène era Iron Age artefacts have also been found in the area.