Jesmond Dene House is a 19th century mansion house at Jesmond Dene, Newcastle upon Tyne, England which is now a hotel. It is a Grade II listed building.
The house was built in 1822 to designs by architect John Dobson at Jesmond Dene for Thomas Emerson Headlam, a physician and Mayor of Newcastle in 1837 and 1845. In about 1857 Lord Armstrong, a wealthy industrialist, bought the property. He landscaped and developed the adjacent Jesmond Dene valley into a woodland park and garden
Armstrong moved to live at Cragside and in 1871 sold the house to his business partner Andrew Noble and in 1883 donated the adjoining Jesmond Dene to the City of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Noble carried out extensive alterations and extensions to the house in 1897, with the assistance of architect FW Rich, including a new west wing, a great hall and a Gothic-style porch
Following the death of Noble's widow in 1927 the house was put to various uses, including a college, a civil defence establishment, a seminary and a residential school, before becoming a hotel following its restoration and refurbishment in 2005.