Adele H. Stamp Student Union

Orientation & Geography

North America, United States, Prince George's County

The Adele H. Stamp Student Union, commonly referred to as "Stamp", is the student activity center on the campus of the University of Maryland, College Park. First constructed in 1954 (with additions in 1962 and 1971), the building was renamed in 1983 for Adele H. Stamp, who served as the university's dean of women from 1920 to 1966. Stamp houses nearly all of the university's student organizations, and is considered the "center of campus life," receiving more than 19,000 visitors daily.